Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2020
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2020, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So amused by all the noobs here thinking that 13th month in CS is under AWS. Even im not from CS I also know 13th month is under NPAA and will not be lumped together with the AWS where it is dependable on economy performance.

There are also articles out there already talking about how '13th month allowance' comes about. Essentially it is just taking out parts of your monthly pay to form this extra '13 month', i.e. CS workers are currently getting a so called lower monthly pay because they have this 13th month clause. If not their monthly will be higher. And private sectors draw a monthly salary where there is no 13th month clause so their monthly salary will be higher in that sense.

This is general knowledge that can be found online. Dk why still need to argue about it. Unless you are misinformed and just come here to spread negativity?

CS ppl probably already know their chances of getting AWS this year is not positive. But the 13th month NPAA is their allowance. So by saying they will definitely get it is not wrong. Because it is just like saying you will be drawing your salary this month. Rather than you will get your bonus.

Fun fact, I have friends working in SBs that actually do not offer 13th month. Meaning its as if like their 13th month is split into 12 portions and already added to their monthly pay, hence higher pay in SB. As compared to the other Civil service with the 13th month.
CS here and thank you for enlightening some people here who doesn't know better. It's very easy for CS to become the 'easy target' cos it is a large force. Even if there are indeed some jlb people in CS, don't forget the frontline workers, teachers etc.

And also, every industry will have their fair share of jlb people. So it has got to do with the people, not industry.

I lowkey agree with the property agent post though. Really shouldn't give by % cos if u compare these ppl and CS side by side, they are the really jlb ones.