Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2020, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sadly... ST is doing #2 and #4 wrongly as my side...

I have seen quite a few of them leaving the organization within 1 year where they belong to group #2 but being paid with salary of #4.
Of course not to mention... There's also people on the other way round too where they are highly paid but couldn't produce decent output...
End of the day... still back to the point of HR being inexperienced in looking at portfolio which the priorize local degree grades rather than looking into details such as skillsets and traits.
(E.g an aerospace grad being paid around 20%-30% higher than a comp science private uni fresh grad in a programming related role. Ended up the most job was being given to the comp science graduate and he quitted eventually knowing that his peer salary when doing minimal tasks.)

I dont care how much fresh grad are being paid but what matters most is that we have capable entering the organization to share the burden of the overloaded tasks given to limited pool of inclined technical personnel we have in the organization.
Agreed if you on this, on the other hand. I think what matters is also the attitude and willingness to learn as a fresh grad. I have seen newly joined fresh grads (local U) lacking the proactiveness, giving the heck care attitude, and even being egoistical on making the smallest mistakes on top of being non-technical.