Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2020, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
law fair on 17 nov you post on 18 really damn snake
It was my oversight (I'm qualified so obviously I don't track law fair dates), but it is a good reminder that:

(1) there are these law fairs, graduate recruitment teas, and many other opportunities out there for you to find out more about firms first-hand, instead of relying on second-hand gossip from your batchmates (who may be competitive and withhold information - or worse, don't know what they are talking about resulting in the blind leading the blind).

(2) firms actively seek out the best talent from all over the world (not just Singaporeans) to work in Singapore, BUT that Singaporeans have opportunities to work all over the world (particularly in the UK, where all you need is a GDL / SQE to be on exactly the same playing field as any UK grad and many firms like A&O are even willing to pay for your GDL). HK and Dubai are open too.

(3) you can go to law fairs virtually - e.g. there is a general UK fair on 3 December (s://.legalcheek.com/uk-virtual-law-fair-series/) - and I'm definitely posting this one before the deadline.

Happy hunting people! Won't out myself here but I fully expect to talk to some Singaporeans through the various mentoring programmes I help out with.