Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2020, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Opinions

Hi i need an opinion. I was previously in Company A. My friend is working in Company B and asked if i was interested to join his company. I said yes. Company B’s HR said i have to resign from Company A before they can arrange an interview as both companies are in the same industry.

After interview with Company B, next day HR called to say they’re happy to proceed with my application and an offer will be made within 2 weeks. All my references have been contacted already too and background checks all cleared. At the same time, Company C made an offer to me and response has to be in 2 days. I rejected Company C as i was more keen on Company B and they sort of said an offer will be made.

However, 1 week later, another HR from Company B called to say there is restructuring in the organisation and there is a newly appointed Principal Manager who will be my new Reporting Officer and she requested for another interview! Throughout the interview, she kept “err.. so..” and kept repeating the same questions. I had 2 degrees and she couldn’t even tell the difference! Few days later, the new HR emailed me to say they decided to not proceed with me as i had signs of nervousness during the interview!

Wondering if there is anything i can do? As i was sort of given a verbal offer hence i rejected another offer, and i resigned my previous job cause they said i have to! Quite upsetting cause you can’t reject someone due to nervousness?