Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2020, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Teachers! I'd like to humbly ask. What is an approach that primary schools are more receptive to when vendors are reaching out to them?

I am fairly positive that it brings about certain conveniences to teachers and value to students as I have received comments such as "that's very cheap" & "this is actually a pretty good approach" from a science HOD.

From what I understand, Q3 is the best time to reach out as curriculum planning week has to be done before December? However, after reaching out to primary schools via cold emails, there were only 4 schools that were interested.

After reading previous threads in the forum, the workload of teachers seems insane. The last thing I want to do is add on to it. Does anyone have advice on the approach for a smoother integration?
Usually the end year reviews by department, which also addresses the vendor programmes etc, are only done after end of year exams, meaning late Oct - early Nov, or like now. So if you approach them in Q3, they may not be able to respond to you yet given that things may still not be firmed up. Even budgetting is also done in Oct-Nov. So I would say the best time to approach is actually after Sep holidays. Because even though teachers will be busy with revision and then a truckload of admin, but at least you send at a time where things are more firmed up (e.g. a known budget to the Music dept on engaging a certain AMIS programme (decided during review))