Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2020, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Just curious

Would be glad if anyone could shed some light on my question -
Does your school's welfare committee do ordering of refreshments during professional development workshop, promotion ceremony, admin day etc? I was thinking why my school EAS cannot handle such matters for teachers as we are already overloaded with teaching/ student related admin work. I don't see how the ordering of refreshments is related to our teaching work professionally. Furthermore, the GO has the budgeting info and can definitely assist the teachers. They should because they are the experts in handling the finances. Is it the act of servitude? I pity my fellow colleagues who are in it or kena 'arrowed' to be part of the staff welfare committee. They have done so much to take care of the teachers, including the EAS staff so I don't see why some offloading of trivial matters like food ordering could be done by them. So just wondering if this is the practice of other schools too. I was in the committee for two years and found myself stupid searching for food caterers that are GEBIZ approved, must know the staff strength, calculate if the number of staff tallied with the budget given, email caterer and then finally go to the EAS to tell him/her to access GEBIZ to order... I think you get the stupidity here.