Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - NCS (SingTel subsidiary)
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2020, 10:10 PM
Verified Member

thinkinghard is on a distinguished road

speaking as previous employee, there are 2 extreme types of senior i see inside and fresh grad attitude.

First type is those capable one, can do, know everything in and out, favourably position, highly sought after. i personally know one as above that is still in ncs for more than 12 years, reasons why he is still there is because he know everything in and out, know how to maneuver around, customer like him, boss like him, pay good and relax (due to knowing everything and almost everyone, he can do stuff easily) he is even invited to join some principle company but he rejected. he is just too comfortable inside and untouchable, this type always around grade 2-3.

Second type is those CMI, and basic is too high for their capability, don talk about changing job and have increment, they can't even find a job outside that can match their current, because no one is willing to give. these type are those that only know how to talk, boot lick, push blame around and getting junior to do their job and claim it as their. These type are those at grade 4 and sometime once in a while at 3, as long they don drop to 5, they are safe.

Fresh grad come in with high pay (i see before, higher than mine but really CMI, even been coach by senior also don have the attitude to learn and be independent) these type is just asking to be fk, and after that they can't take it and quit, then complain no one helping him etc..names get spread to other tech company...

There is also some smart fresh grad, they comes in, involve with everything, be frontliner even though they got no experience and always get fk by customer or boss, jump into every single project, busy everyday and some even burn numerous weekend, take on any new technology or new project that is new to the team(they wouldn't get it everytime), take chance to get all professional certificate, ask and nag every relevant senior they see for tips/advise/knowledge (of course, got fk by their senior up down left right center, but they still get what they are looking for), imagine this is like an expressway to learn everything you don know in the shortest amount of time, after 3-4 years, with their immense exposure maybe experience and professional certificate that company pay for, they left company, jump 2 to 3 jobs (each 1-3 years) eventually ended up at principle, head of certain IT company, lead a team which is ncs competitor, lead apac team, lead in 1 of FAANG.

Final words for those that think NCS cmi, looks bad in resume or thinking joining ncs and not branded tech company is lower class or whatever. I will say, you can join them, be like the smart fresh grad, go in try and make mistake, you are not going to die from mistake(as long you don get involve with law) i see a lot fresh grad afraid to try and sadly mostly of this type is local, those ftrash dare to try, screw up thing and local clean up their sh!t, why not switch it, go and try screw up thing and ftrash clean up your sh!t.