Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 26-10-2020, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can I ask why?
I'm the person who responded. Also am not the toxic dude who trolls non stop in this group. Please don't let these people stop you from asking questions. I've been lucky to meet some nice seniors out there. I promise there really are some nice people in the industry who won't treat you like ****.

Mpilay is well known for disputes in the industry. The main reason why his name doesn't appear quite as often in Singapore jurisprudence is because he does a lot of arbitration work, which is almost always confidential. Most standard form construction contracts (FIDIC, PSSCOC, SIA) have arbitration clauses in them.

Mpillay's specialty is in construction, which as i've explained before in this forum i find to be interesting and rewarding, but slow in terms of progression. You can have a look at the profiles of the assocs/snr assocs in his team. You'll realize that many of them remain at the same "title" for many years.

SH is a well-known brand name firm in corp/com work. I heard that they retrenched a bunch of their Hong Kong associates in the last 2 years or so. While i don't know what this means for the Singapore office (I don't believe retrenchments have occurred here), it's a little worrisome.