Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2020, 03:08 PM

goaswind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkSmart View Post
Hi people,

I have a question here:

If I am offered both roles (role 1 & role 2) and between for both of these roles :

Role 1 is a senior manager with mx11 salary range & not really related to what I have been doing previously and the other option ,role 2 , which is related to what I have been doing but is an Ast manager role with mx 12 salary range.

In the event that I chose role 1 for now which is the mx11 salary range , and in the future if I were to apply for a job with any gov agencies , will i be offered a salary progression meaning to say like mx 10 onwards or so for a role that is related to what I have been previously working as or will they only take account more towards the related working experience when they make a salary offer ?

Which role will you guys choose ? For the pay or for the closer to what have been doing previously ?

Thank you !
I will choose Role 1 which give you higher pay and rank. What's the point of keep doing the same thing at role 2? After gaining some experience in role 1, you can always package your experience with your previous job and position yourself for a even higher pay job.