Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2020, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No im an equity partner earninf usd1.8m a year. I come in here frequently to see how spoilt and self entitled millenials are
Enough is enough. Most people come to this forum to seek genuine questions about their careers and these are legitimate concerns, not because they are self entitled. And we are spoilt? Who are the ones working 14-16 hours a day so that you can take home your USD1.8 annual salary? The EPs switch off their lights everyday mostly by 8pm whilst we are still working fingers to bones. Who are the ones bearing the burnt of the economy and taking the risks of getting retrenched all the time since retrenchment in law firms always work from bottom to top? Who are the ones slogging the early stages of their careers out just to get retrenched? Who are the ones who have to slog for 10-20 years just to pay off the mortgage for a HDB because the boomers get to purchase condos at when houses were still at a decent value?

I’m not saying boomers had it easy at all - for you to have climbed up to this position must have been equally difficult (whether or not you have been good at your work or politics). By no means I’m complaining too - this is how society has been structured and there is no one to blame. It is how it is. However, to slam such a baseless proposition on us all the time, claiming we are a “strawberry generation” or “spoilt brats” is just unthinkable. Every generation has its own struggles, there is no comparison. Hence, by putting out such a proposition, it shows nothing but a clear reflection of your outmoded, non-empathetic, prideful, unkind and of course, self-entitled mentality.