Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2020, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello! I've been going through this thread since I applied to a DXO position, quite interesting to go through stories and all the best for everyone who's still in the process or in the waiting game. 💪💪💪

So recently I got email from HR asking me my payslip etc and what's my expected salary range and I'm not sure what to put.

A bit of background: I'm an NUS grad, second class upper honours, working for 2 years or so but cause I dumb dumb and other reasons then working a 2.5k job. (Started this job Mar this year cause I scared cannot get any other job cause COVID19)

I believe my educational background and the quality of work I am capable of is worth more than 2.5k ah. But I understand that's just my opinion and companies like to just see last drawn pay.... any advice? How about specific numbers.. 3500? Or just say 3000s?

Annoying cause I scared put too high then they think I anyhow whack. Put too low later they dont give me more??? Idk sia. Help.

Regards from someone who wants to stop being a dumb dumb.
dont worry about what to put for salary. for each grade there is a fixed salary range. if you are indeed 2.5k in previous job, at minimum, they will give you the lowest range.. which is already quite high.

should be around in the mid 3k. if you are local U with NS and 2nd class honours, you probably can get minimum plus a few hundred.

sharing from my own experience, i didnt know what to indicate for expected salary, so i just put a bare min of 3k. they offered me 3.9k in the end based on my qualifications. so my experience is that they dont anyhow lowball. so dont worry and just indicate something reasonable. im sure they will pay you accordingly.