Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’ve been wanting to post here for the longest time as I’ve been jobless for almost 18 months to find some solace but I never did.

I’m posting something now because I’ve finally gotten an offer for a role and it actually pays more than what I was earning in my last job.

Just putting this here and hoping that it helps those out there who are in the same boat and feel like giving up. Don’t be disheartened. Keep trying and keep finding ways to improve yourself and eventually you’ll find a job. Trust me, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.
I posted this about 2 months back and I just wanted to update that I found an even better job that pays 20% more than my current one. Point I am trying to make is to take anything that comes along your way, even if you feel that it is not what you want. Just the fact that you restart working can completely change the tide in your favor.

Also, it's very helpful to do online courses (even if you have to pay for them, the investment will eventually pay off).