Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SMU Fresh Grads Make $4k to $10k
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2008, 06:07 PM
al---

Default 1664

hi all, I'm an SMU graduate and hope to comment on this news. I would like to say that this news is both accurate and inaccurate.

First of all, not all SMU students responded to the survey thus who would respond? Those who earn higher pay.

Second, SMU is a business school with a LOT of students majoring in finance, and we all know much much banks pay their employees, EVEN with today's financial difficulties.

Thirdly, as I have graduated and found a job, I also know of many of my peers' and seniors' earning powers. There are some who earns 2,400 a month and there are some who earns more than 10,000 a month. It really depends which industry you go to. The higher paying ones tend to be the banks, especially in investment banking, or the management consultancy firms.

So I guess, the news is accurate in a sense. I'm just not sure about the % of people who got the 4k-10k range. It looks right to me though. Approximately 20% of people I know are are receiving their first paycheck in this salary range.