Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 15% pay cut from private sector to teach in Polytechnic
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2011, 11:39 AM

undiscern is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I totally agree....there are many dead log in the poly....they do minimal, fixed tea break at 10am and 3pm, draw high pay (most at ceiling of PAX 4), not heading any committee, hard to get them work and are waiting to retire....the poly wont fire them as they can still teach...I think they are happy with their 8.2k pay as they have no stress in their job, kids have grown up, wife still working....haha

I am also looking forward to this kind of life.....alot better than outside, where most middle aged are squeezed by younger FT, constant KPI to look out for, bad bonus if you idle and not to mention long hours
Most are stuck at the bar of PAX4, about 7.2k crossing that bar is very difficult. Poly will not fire them, but there is a high chance for their contract not to be renewed when there is a change in top management (school director or poly principal) even when there is change at the course manager level. it has happened many times, so it is not really something to look forward to.