Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth using $100k of your 3 years savings to get a top class masters overseas?
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2011, 11:08 PM

Liverpool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL View Post
I can't speak much about US but I am familiar with the UK system. US wise, 3 schools come to mind MIT MFIN, Princeton MFIN and Cornell MFE.

Within the UK, the Oxford MFE, Cambridge MFin, LBS MFin and LSE finance programmes are all decent as far as graduate jobs are concerned. In your case, since you already have 3 years of accounting experience I am not sure how well these programmes may place you. You can can and apply as an associate after your MFIN but if you don't manage to break in ~12 months after graduation, that boat will be long gone and you will be saddled with 100k in debt.

As always, degrees don't matter too much. Once you get an interview, everybody's on a similar playing field. It is all about the individual's capacity.

Good luck.
yes! basically if 12 mths still cannot break in, I will have missed the boat already... but banking is so wide... i'm not going to limit myself to IB... like wat i said earlier, I dun mind corporate or private banking...