Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth using $100k of your 3 years savings to get a top class masters overseas?
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2011, 12:11 PM

Liverpool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do look beyond the Havard, Chicago & Insead. If you are company sponsored, by all means go ahead. If you are SELF sponsored, then perhaps the next tier MBA should be considered.

My reasoning: The litmus should be your ability to reap ROI and weigh the opportunity cost (Alternative).

The ultimate: if you are PROVEN to be good@work, be sponsored for Advanced Management Program (Wharton/Harvard) in your subsequent advancement.

I know of associates in different fields who had taken MBA (e.g.: from MBS) distance learning who are able to recuperate the amount spent within 1 year upon graduation.

Risks Management:
-Mitigate (You request for partial/full sponsorship from your firm. Beware of the bond)
-Accept (You pay the full course fees yourself)
-Avoid (You decided to 'wait and see'. Try to influence your friend with similar background and results to proceed ahead. i.e.: He becomes Advanced party. If he clears KPI, you proceed.)
-Transfer (Ask your spouse/GF to take the course and the loan herself)
Hi how do you mean by "If you are SELF sponsored, then perhaps the next tier MBA should be considered?"

my job scope is accounting based, so even I get sponsored by the company, I'll still be doing accounting work after I graduate. Anyway, my firm is unlikely to offer such bonds in the first place too.

I see the MBA as a way to change my career.

Nonetheless i still appreciate your inputs. Thanks.