Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2020, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Xe sounds like a pretty solid choice. Don't be racist or ableist. Don't assume xis gender either. It's basic courtesy to educate oneself on pronouns. I shouldn't have to tell one of my peers this. It's quite frankly disgusting to have to keep repeating this like as though you're hearing this for the first time. It's also not hard to show some basic respect for a fellow human being.

We need more diversity in the workplace. I am fully behind the various "bring your whole self to work" schemes that many international firms adhere to. Our local firms could learn a thing or two from such schemes. It is 2020. We should not have to pretend that we are acting out Mad Men in real life.

I know this phrase gets used a lot ironically these days. But I am completely serious when I say that your feelings mean nothing when you are so overprivileged. The need for more diverse representation in the workplace cannot be underestimated. I hope your firm continues to remain committed to diversity and greater representation of minorities across the spectrum.

Our local firms have a long way to go. But I believe we are slowly and steadily making progress in this regard.

I'm disappointed to read the other responses above. With the greatest possible respect, I urge each one of the preceding posters to do better. You appear to have no idea about the privilege each of you wield so carelessly.
Dont be a sarcastic prick.

Then the Court is racist / ableist? We cannot say Dear Sirs. Write letter to opposing law firm also can't use Dear Sirs.