Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone experienced any incompetent seniors in their team?

I define incompetence on many levels:

1. Went to a university that is not in the LPA

2. Not Singapore called but still pretend to know and do Singapore law

3. Delegate everything downline but clearly in no position to supervise and will dominate everyone downline

4. Claim credit despite all the above and pretend to boss that all is done by him

5. When challenged by juniors he will act like a victim and allege bullying

6. Inflate hours and pretend to be v bz

I am tearing my hair out over a senior in my team. I am from an international law firm and for some lame reason this dude manage to get a permanent position. My boss and HR are purposely turning a blind eye to this despite it is shattering team morale, because this dude is of a minority race and they want to be seen to be diverse

Pls advise me what to do.
I can only say u deserve it. That is why i refuse to go to a non local firm. I grew up in a local firm and had many opportunities to go to international firms but stayed put and am now a partner in the same local firm. I am the master of my own land. When you go to international law firms this is wat u get. You want to get paid better but you should accept the other ****.

What do u expect. Of cos they will try to hire all these sorts and super wayang foreigners. I bet your HR is not local either and therefore will not appreciate where u r coming from and may in fact feel that theres something wrong w u. If your boss is local my diagnosis is that he or she has ptsd. His or her previous boss must have been some angmoh n being colonialised is ingrained in him or her.

My suggestion is quit.