Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So the non angmoh recruiters are good? Just now got people post on terrible ones and the bulk of them appear local to me. Got chinese names what. U mean they are good?
With recruiters, the simplest thing to do is just ask around, especially anyone who has moved laterally. Chances are they'll be able to share with you their recruiter and/or tell you who to avoid. And of course, take everything they say with a pinch of salt. Go do your own research on the firm and ask around about the firm/team. I've used recruiters twice now (two different recruiters) for two roles and have been relatively pleased with their service. I think most lawyers would agree that we don't have the time to monitor new roles coming up and once they have your CV, it is much easier for you to just say "yes" when they present you with the role and for them to handle all the admin relating to the application.

That being said, there are some recruiters to avoid. The long list posted by another user earlier today definitely contains some names that are notorious for farming out CVs and generally poor behaviour.