Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much to ask for starting pay for those graduating in 2021?
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

There are really really good SMEs out there that I’m willing to work for free like Omnistream, Otto Solutions or family offices in the AM field.

But honestly most of the SMEs and their technology illiterate upper management indeed have the backdated mindset of “seniority precedes skill” mindset. I once did clerical work for a small SME that deals with import and export of industrial wearables on a part-time basis.

All the manual data entry could honestly be streamlined. I once impressed the old aunties when I used NumPy to draw out financial statement data from EDGAR and performed visualizations with it.

Flexing aside, early this year (pre-COVID) the boss offered me a pathetic starting salary if I were to convert. I rejected it and was for about 4 months till I got into a graduate scheme with InfoSys. Not the best out there but it still beats working at that SME.

Point is.... to the freshers out there, know your skills and technical competencies, never shortchange yourself.