Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello guys. Been reading the past few posts and have came to a conclusion that the hiring timeline for all public service jobs are pretty lengthy.

I am a recent fresh grad, have applied for an entry level role with a SB sometime back in June. Went for a short case test and two interviews (one with HR and Hiring Manager) a week after which was complete radio silence.

Like any other fresh grad, I am also concurrently applying to other places and have recently accepted an offer with a bank. Just yesterday, the SB that I applied to drop me a call giving me a verbal offer. I told them that I have already moved forward with the bank. The HR individual started on how unprofessional I am for not informing them and how I costed the dept precious man hours.

My question? Will I be “blacklisted” from applying to this SB in the near future? I really hope to pivot in during my mid career.

Based on what you have wrote, you have accepted another offer given by the bank before the verbal offer by SB, which is quite common actually. Technically speaking nothing wrong.

But you are partially right, if you decided to go back to SB (the same SB and same department), then that particular HR personnel might still remember you, provided that he/she is still handling the recruitment process for that department, she might "blacklist" you. BUT who knows, that HR might have already left the company few years later.

From my experience, if you apply different departments in the same SB, you still hold a similar chance unless the HR responsible for that department recruitment is the one that you have turned down previously. She MIGHT remember you.

And ultimately, even if you have rejected their offer the previous time, they will still shortlist you base on your achievements when you decided to pivot back in to PS in the future.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app