Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

Ans in Caps

I heard it's easier to get a TC in liti/dispute resolution department in bad times like these. but i'm worried i won't like liti as i'm an introvert. if i don't like liti and i apply to be an assoc in the corporate department of another firm after my training, will it be very difficult to get a job as a corporate lawyer? NOT REALLY IT DEPENDS ON THE FIRM YOU APPLY TO, WHERE YOU TRAIN AND WHAT MATTERS YOU DO. IT IS EASIER FOR CONTENTIOUS INSOLVENCY AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATORS TO HOP

is being a liti assoc considerably more stressful than being a corporate lawyer in the same firm - i'm looking to apply to mid sized firms YES. UNLESS YOU ARE IN BIG 4 CORP SG CORP DEPTS IN MID SIZED FIRMS ARE LARGELY 9 TO 6

on the other hand, let's say i like working as a disputes lawyer and do that for a few years. does that severely limit my ability to go in house, to the point where it would be almost impossible for me to get a decent in house position, if i have no connections and have average grades from a local uni? NO IT DEPENDS ON WHAT INHOUSE AND WHAT INDUSTRY. THAT BEING SAID IT IS HARDER FROM LIT TO INHOUSE

can i go from being a disputes lawyer in private practice to working in a legal role in the public sector with only a weak second upper, in a role that does not involve me being a prosecutor? just curious even though i prefer the private sector for personal reasons GRADES ARE NOT A LIMITING FACTOR IF YOU STUDIED LOCALLY. IF YOU STUDIED OVERSEAS THEY MAY BE

finally, is there a significant difference between litigation and arbitration work? i plan to take arbi mods in my final year. if i mostly do court cases during the TC that doesn't mean i can't do arbi work later on in my career, right? i think liti/arbi both should require similar skill sets? YES TO MY KNOWLEDGE BUT SOME KNOWLEDGE IS ONLY SPECIFIC TO ARBITRATION. SKILL SETS YES ROUGHLY THE SAME.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app