Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after a firm extends a TC offer, what is a 'normal' time frame for someone to get back to the firm with a definite yes/no answer? I have several interviews going on and I don't really want to commit before I get answers/offers from the firms I interviewed at. if the TC starts more than a year later, can I tell the firm I will weigh my options and give the firm a yes/no answer in like 6-8 weeks? (not big 4, just small firms)

will i incur any penalty if I accept a TC offer from one firm (small firm) then tell them a few weeks later that I have decided to accept a TC offer from another firm? ofc it looks bad but are there any other downsides, or should i just avoid doing this as much as possible
In my experience, TC offers are extended quite quickly after the interview (a few days to a week), and they will ask that you accept/decline within a few days. Given this tight timeframe, you would be best served to arrange your interviews in order of preference i.e. interview first at your first choice.

Penalty wise there are none, at least financially. Certainly once you turn down the offer, don't expect to be re-hired there. Speaking as a decent human being, try not to decline the TC after accepting at small firms. Go ahead at bigger ones, they have more than enough trainees and applicants.