Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I think many forumners here have shared their anecdotes. U can try asking around those real LAEs and they will tell u more of their stories.

So u r 23 this yr, assuming u take a 4yrs degree course, u will grad at about 27.

During this 4yrs of ur studies, who knows wad may happen? U may find urself someone u love and wanna settle down in x years.

If u go into lae, first 4 yrs 27yo-31yo u will be paid roughly 2.5k/mth.

Only after passing all exams, clocking all exp then ur salary will start to slowly rise after 4yrs.

But I must say, I've heard of LAEs earning good salaries and they are needed everywhere in many different countries, especially after u finish the bond with ur company .

The most recent time I heard from another fren that LAE bond is 10yrs, not sure if its true?

If starting salary for u is something impt, I suggest u look into other industries and sectors that pay decently after u grad.

My personal advise is this :

1)Take a degree that is more general, that allows u to work in a number of roles n industries. If 1 industry is affected by recession, for instance aviation currently, u hve the opp to switch to other industries.

2) Think of what job roles u r interested to do when u graduate. Research abt it and ask industry professionals. During uni do as many internships in companies as possible.

3) Always think of backup career plan if ur 1st plan fails.

Hope it helps for you and wish u all the best

Lae max pay not that high for siaec. Im a union member there. You can't earn 20k but a reasonable 5 figures can still be hit below 14k if only you rech the ceiling

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app