Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Default FOUND A JOB - Total almost 8 months unemployment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After 5 months of unemployment. Quit my job just before CNY 2020. I finally got a job today.

Went for many interviews since Feb 2020 and was either ghosted by companies who said they will move me to the next round and disappeared or had companies that really wanted to push the salary down to a ridiculously low level, especially statutory boards and companies related to ministries. In between I have been told that there is headcount freeze and midway through the interview process particularly during the start of circuit breaker. Then as the position was readvertised. I reached out directly to the HR and was told the readvertisement was automatic on job boards like LinkedIn Glassdoor etc. Further dashing hope that there are jobs available.

Held out cos financially I was okay and staying with my parents due to covid as I had to run errands and do the marketing for them as they are elderly and have rented out my apartment at a higher than market rate during covid to stranded workers on a short term basis.

While interviews took place over video conferencing over 2 months, the wait for a verbal offer is 3 weeks from last interview and the written offer another 5 weeks. That's 8 weeks plus post interview. Really stretching my patience a little.

Thank God the written offer finally came through after such a long delay. Expected to start ASAP as I have heard horror stories of friends who have quit their jobs and before starting new job had the offer rescinded and the company paid the notice period (probation notice period of 2 weeks) and call it a day. Making them stuck in a bad place with no jobs.

Please don't give up. I think I applied many many jobs with no call backs for a long time. Please press on.

This was me and the offer was rescined after 3 days.

Just an update. After 2 months of full time job hunting experience and COUNTLESS interviews and hundreds of hours prepping for interview. I FINALLY GOT AN OFFER AND SIGNED IT!!!! 25% more than the job offer that was rescinded in 3 days.

I am honestly considering being an interview coach at this stage. Since I have hundreds of hours preparing for interview. Anyway just wanted to share the good news and keep everyone's hopes up.