Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Do u mind sharing wad course u signed up for at wad uni??

From wad many have shared here - Being an LAE after u grad from uni means u will be grossly underpaid for at least 4 yrs. It is only after u had gotten ur LAE license that ur salary hits a basic of $3k-$4k+

Contrast this with ur peers who joined other companies, govt ministries, stat boards after grad, in their 4th to 5th year they would b hitting at least 5k-6k/mth salary. This is in addition to losing out to those 4yrs+ of additional salary +bonus.... Ur annual salary will only catch up at the end of ur LAE, maybe 8th yr or so??

If u r young n single, passionate abt aviation it is ok la... But if u r attached, looking to settle down soon I suggest not going into this.... Sometimes, passion dun pay u much in sg...

If u can, consider switching to another course that u r interested in....

If not, after grad u can consider signing on uniformed services like airforce, navy, scdf, cnb, ica, customs... Those roles starting salary already high $3k+..... Make sure u think of other alternative career paths before u grad.... If u r interested I can share u with more on telegram @jeffrey745....
Thank you so much for the insight man, I really appreciate it! currently enrolled in aerospace engineering with SIT and honestly since im 23 this year, waiting 8 years to hit a salary comparable to people in other sectors seems like a really long time since i'm already lacking behind by a year, it's not that i'm looking to start a family or whatever but to me I would love to be able to have the funds to allow my parents to retire soon since they're already getting pretty old in age, with that being said, is it true that LAEs can earn quite a bit of extra money with OT since it apparently pays pretty well if you're willing to forego your work life balance? also, with an aerospace/aeronautical cert are there any other jobs with promising prospects can I apply for in the future?