Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2020, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi would really appreciate some opinions on my dilemma!

Fresh grad from local uni, 2nd upper, no NS, specialized degree

I received 2 offers from a Ministry & Stat board. Offer from ministry still pending security clearance so details on employment (incl. salary) not known to me.
Stat board offered me a good starting pay (high 3k/month) but it's on a 2 year contract basis and pay & title is fixed throughout the 2 years. During the interview with the SB director, I gotten some vibes about a competitive and stressful work culture, which was also supported by reviews online (many stated to avoid working there at all lol) . The SB director also said that contract may not be renewed after 2 years as they only pick the best of the best.

Any advice on whether i should accept/ reject and wait for the ministry offer?
Which sector is the ministry in? Is it the parent ministry of the SB? Is the job offered by the SB a permanent role (fixed estab/ headcount) or a contract role (project-based)? I always thought that the SB you mentioned hires on a perm basis. If it's a 2 years contract role, I suspect progression will be limited. If possible, you might want to wait a bit for the update from the ministry.