Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m the said OP - I’m an SA who wants to transfer laterally but I was wondering myself whether partners want us to be the right fit OR someone who is merely obedient and listens to their biddings all the time.

I have worked in several firms and have met partners who emphasise about being the right fit and having the right objectives during the interview but in practice they just want us to listen to them without voicing out anything at all.
ROFL. You're in the legal industry la brudder. What voicing out u wanna do? Just keep your head down, do your work, STFU and collect your relatively high pay at the end of every month la. Is tt so difficult?

At the end of the day, you're merely a glorified functionary doing paper-pushing dog work for rich clients, and so is your Equity partner boss. Not asking you to be startup entrepreneur and change the world with your brilliant ideas oso. How outspoken and "vocal" you wanna be? If you have so many brilliant ideas in that billion dollar brain of yours, like the next Elon Musk or Greta thunberg, you won't have been a lawyer already right?

SMH at all these snowflakes who have delusions of self importance