Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered216 View Post
hi all

any current/former ROs here have any advice about what bosses are looking out for when considering my CEP?

i've been doing well every year (C+s and Bs consecutively), but been told indirectly that my CEP is not high.

unfortunately there's not much coaching from my bosses on what i can do to be a better employee. whether i get promoted is not so impt, what's impt is my own personal growth to be a better employee.

any advice pls? thanks.
CEP is usually recommended to be raised by a school-based panel when you are earmarked to take up SH/LH/AYH positions in the near future, or to be groomed into an ST. Unfortunately there is no openly published detailed set of criteria for this, but basically you have to demonstrate potential to cope in such positions - so, demonstrate ability to handle some form of management work and show some leadership traits while in your current jobscope.

It also depends on whether you are noticed, and make it known to your SLs and RO that you want to advance into management or teacher-leadership. Sometimes it helps to be direct rather than just sit there quietly waiting to be 'talent spotted'.