Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Excellent retirement plan. $1500 pm is more than enough to retire if your home is paid up. Cooking your own meals is cheap. If you want to eat at restaurant everyday, then you need more to retire, maybe like $20,000 pm. If your friends are also the same as you, then you don’t need much to retire. However if your circle of friends are in the upper class, then you need millions before you can retire because you need to stay in bungalow, drive big luxury car, employ 4 maids, etc. So simple man don’t need much to retire but upper class man needs millions to retire. Better be a simple man. Less headache and less worries. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a simple 52 yo male. A salaried worker. A nobody. I plan to retire at age 55. I am tired of working after working for so many years. YOLO. When I reach 55, I can withdraw $300k from my CPF OA. My home is paid up and I am debt free.

I plan to spend $1500 pm or $18k pa from age 55 to 65. In total I will spend $180k over 10 years. At age 65, I will receive $2000 pm from my CPF Life until I die. I have medical insurance which I bought many years ago.

My plans during retirement

1. Exercise
2. Catch up on sleep
3. Volunteering
4. Learning to cook
5. Participate in community activities
6. Swimming
7. Watching TV and movies
8. Surf the internet
9. Lots of reading
10. Budget travel
11. Meditating
12. New hobbies

Are there any more activities I can do during retirement?