Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Corporate Banking Analyst
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2020, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutenberg03129g View Post
Hey all! I'm currently studying at an overseas university and am looking to get into Corporate Banking, specifically the Trade Finance / Transaction Payments side of things. I haven't really found a lot of info on the CB scene in Singapore, especially for the BBs. I'm particularly interested in the following:
  1. What's the pay like for entry-level analysts in the Corporate Banking divisions of BBs and MBBs?
  2. How competitive is it to enter CB if I study at a local university as compared to an overseas one, such as the London consortium of unis (LSE, UCL, ICL etc.)?
  3. Generally, what's your experience like, and how does it compare/do you think it compares to the CB divisions at the NYC/London/other offices?

Hopefully I'm not asking too many questions or sounding too stupid here; I'm new to this place and really just starting out my career journey. Thank you so much for your reading this and hope you have a great week ahead.
1. Most graduate roles (excluding IB/S&T/Tech) for freshers hover around 50K SGD p.a. for bulge brackets.

2. As long as your undergrad deals with basic quantitative stuff, you’re good to go. Honestly I think even FASS kids nowadays have taken an introductory stats module. Just remember not to screw up your psychometric tests to land a callback. That’s more important!

3. Can’t comment.