Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - what is the salary range for engineering management job?
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Verified Member

no1ne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think it will be pretty hard for you to get a job in the first place based on the engineering management qualification itself alone. That being said, you can get another job as a technician based on your previous experience as a technician though so I would say it will may difficult for you to get a job as an engineer. Such a qualification is usually sought by managers who are already overseeing a team of engineers or by senior engineers with the relevant experience who are looking forward to take on a managerial role.

Sorry to break your bubble but you should have took a BEng in the relevant engineering discipline instead of the engineering management degree. Not to mention the fact that your degree is from a private school so it may not be that recognised.

To answer your question, the salary scale for the engineering management job is unknown because you are not likely to be hired in an engineering management job due to the lack of qualifications and relevant experience.
I am SUPER disappointed to see that, anyway, thank you very much.

Last edited by no1ne; 15-07-2011 at 11:22 AM.