Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - prospects of a scholar
View Single Post
Old 14-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i may be anal to most pple who read this, but isnt a scholarship meant for pple who cannot afford the uni fees? if you can afford the fees why be bonded? if you dun want to serve in the civil sector why take the scholarship? There are so many other pple in need of the sponsorship!! I seen so many scholars who are rich and because they are from ivy league schools, they expect to be treated special when they start out. Then they break the bond coz they can afford so. If you want to join the private sector in the first place, why not look for a sponsorship from the private sector? Makes no sense that you are making use of taxpayer's money and then decide to venture into private. If you have no wish to serve the public, then DUN JOIN !! No job in the world is easy, you think its easy being a banker?? my friend works in Bloomberg and earns 15K/mnth at the age of 27. The hours you put in and the constant worry about the market and all the stress, can you take it? His annual payout in 2010 is $230K including bonus, and comparing i earn 50k last year, it was like wow!! but he has high blood pressure, digestion problem and many more that i shall not elaborate due to the work. Are you ready for that? All jobs have pros and cons. It depends what do you value most. work life balance? or loads of money in the bank? both sounds good but both has pros and cons. consider these before signing your life away. if you do decide to sign, be happy about it.

Agree. I know my close friend is earning over S$200K as an executive search/HeadHunter. Mid 30s with 3rd class or no honors from NUS/NTU. His health is his main worry now.

Thus, there are trade-offs.