Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - May I request a Cover Letter + CV Review? Thanks so much!
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2020, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Hello fellow job hunter.

I skimmed on your CV and resume. I am not a recruiter, but I think I did what a typical recruiter did, look out for very specific information to grant you my phone call.

Cover letter, a bit too long. Try not to bold specific words because I know you reuse the same cover letter but change a few phrases to meet the new application. Try to make it a new letter every time you send it to a new application.
Based on my experience, recruiters don't really read our cover letter. So try to make it very short, say WHAT YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE.

Resume is fair. I am not sure, I don't indicate my expected salary or availability. Age I don't indicate either. Hmm other than that I am not sure how it stands out to the other standard CV.

Reminder, I am not a recruiter. But I put myself in recruiter shoes. They spend 5-10 seconds looking at our CV and might not even read our cover letter. Must tailor to the job advertisement. Other than that, the job market is really in shambles. So ya....