Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2020, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

I was just a small fry within HQ so this is just based on observation / what my RO unofficially let me know, but my understanding is:

1) Ranked within Branch, endorsed at Division level (similar to school - ranked within school; endorsed at Cluster level)

2) Assuming your Division was discerning in bringing in highly motivated officers (which is usually the case), yes, it's more difficult to achieve high ratings.

3) Standard HQ officer estab is SEO1 level already (equivalent to SH/LH); so not usually a problem for an officer to secure a SH/LH position when returning to school. From observation, you can usually apply 'one step up' - former SH/LHs tend to go out as HODs; those who entered as teachers often go out as SH/LH (dependent on your CEP, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone! Wondering how ranking and promotion are like in HQ:

1) Do all the officers in the division (at GEO4 for eg) get ranked together and a bell curve decides the grades they get or do officers get ranked just within the team they work with?

2) Also, is it true, based on rumours, that it's more difficult for an officer to get A or B grades in HQ as compared to when they were in schools?

3) Finally, about work after HQ- do HQ officers usually post out as KPs or normal teachers again? How is this decided?

If anyone experienced here can shed light on HQ work and promotion, it's much appreciated!