Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And I know someone who has been with ST for 6 years still E5.
Many of the engineers in a particular division are mostly stuck in their positions for 5-7 years, especially E5 and E6 engineers. Since the decision is made by the top management of the division, only those who wayang and make a lot of noise will get noticed. If not the performance must be top notch enough for the RO to sell to the management.

Example, first class honours and very hardworking and efficient worker, E5 to M1 in 7-8 years. The guy I talked about, carry balls top notch, push blame point finger number one and boss pet, E6 to M2 in 5 years. Before COVID happened this fella likely got promoted again to M3, according to his appointment.

I have seen engineers who gets promoted every 2-3 years, and those who promotes 6-7 years. As I've said, you have to take precedence from those in the same exact appointment before. If you are in a position in which previous staff left without promotion, likely can forget about it.

I am speaking from personal experience. Having ST Electronics in your resume will indeed let some recruiters take a second look, but really, remuneration elsewhere are likely better. Even if it's not, the number of wayang kings there is enough to make most sane people leave.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app