Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 16-07-2020, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is your wife Singaporean? Besides Singapore being a safer place to raise kids compared to USA, is there any other reason for coming back to Singapore?
My partner is not Singaporean but fortunately (or unfortunately) is quite motivated to make the move.

Safety is one of the main reasons, and this is one aspect that I have taken for granted as a kid growing up. I remember taking the SBS bus home after school alone ever since I was in P2, and my parents nor I were never concerned about my safety.

In the few American cities we have lived in, we have to remain vigilant at all times and it is not uncommon to be verbally harassed especially as a visible minority.

Additionally, SG has an excellent education system and promotes a great attitude towards learning. While it can be a tad stressful at times, I do think that an appropriate level of stress provides an impetus/motivation for the kids to work harder.

Don't even get me started about the incredible food that SG offers. I miss my char kway teow, orh luak and egg pratas.