Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2020, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The answer is: it depends.

What you get out of the 1 - 3 years in the industry is from what you put into it.

If you're the kind that's content to only draft wills and do simplified uncontested divorces...you tell us what sort of perspective/insight/quality you have then that appeals to organisations.

Everything can be repackaged for sale - that's what lawyers do after all. But only up to a point. If you haven't done anything with your life, it'll show.
Thanks all of you for the insights. I will be called in august but I will leave the industry and apply for a BD or account managerial role. I have spoken with a few seniors and I can safely conclude from our conversations that almost the entire legal industry will head towards a general hiring freeze save for a selected few depts from each firm (and those few spots are going to be extremely competitive).

I will read and learn more about BD roles and statistics during this time while I am sending my applications out. Good luck to the rest of you who are looking to leave the industry!