Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS Management Associate Program 2015
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I understand your perspective. I might not join too if that’s the case. MBA here too. Have another offer from JP as well. But I am in the position that I have done so much with so much effort to get this offer. Kind of do not want to waste the effort as well. Kind of regret even applying for this program now that I have to face this dilemma.

Which track are you from. How much did they offer you?????
Totally understand your concerns, but I think sunk cost is inevitable during job hunting, particularly in 2020. I take DBS as my back up option, didn't work much for the interviews and tests, so that might make it easier for me to say so - but JP is the no brainer choice for me if I were in your position, despite any efforts I have wasted. Just think, if you fell out of EMAP, it might be unlikely to join JP but I bet DBS is willing to interview an ex-JP.

I got another 2 offers from elite firms, buy-side, not in Singapore, ~15% higher than DBS package. Though I can expect fierce competition and painstaking struggling there, I decide to join. One thing is that you can't guarantee a better environment in DBS - from my interview experience, I highly doubt so.

Second point is, just as another MBA mentioned above, if they disdained to spend time on you during interviews, you can't expect more in the following EMAP track. Also, I prefer to work with people who share similar perspectives and experiences, aka understand the value of top MBA and international mobility.

I don't have any bias of DBS - as said it's my back up option and I didn't delve into it pretty much. Just from my experiences, it might not be the best value of your talents and ambition if you aim to, and are capable, to be a high achiever.[/QUOTE]

Hey. Another MA wannabe here. Just want to seek advice. If I have another grad program offer from credit Suisse. Which should I choose?