Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS Management Associate Program 2015
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
congrats for the multiple offers! tbh, as an MBA I also didn't think very highly of them after this entire experience:

1. 75% of their interview process was standardised and placed no emphasis/desire to understand u as an individual on a deeper and more personal level. if they're not even willing to make the effort to do that, it's unlikely that they'd do that to groom, mentor and develop u when u join them.

2. Before the panel, hr called and provided a list of 6 key projects/teams for me to choose from on the spot. I was told that I may not be assigned to a project of my choice and that this would be my "home" for the entire EMAP. I remember being disappointed at the lack of mobility and progression.

3. there's an obvious lack of diversity, a key ingredient to drive innovation, which is crucial for banks to thrive in this era of razor-thin interest margins. my panel comprised entirely of Singaporeans who've stayed at the bank for 20+ years and most, if not all, without a masters or MBA. now I don't want to sound elitist, but how are you gonna understand and satisfy the development needs of a group of ambitious, overachieving graduates?

4. my panel was arrogant as well. even after grilling me for almost 80mins, when it was my turn to finally ask questions, they answered my questions by asking me back more questions. this shows how much they valued my concerns. throughout the session, a few of the more senior interviewers even said things along the likes of "oh u should've done this, u should've thought that or u should've said that".

I hope what I've just shared would be useful for those with the luxury of choice. I am in no way a troll or a DBS-hater, just sharing my experience the way I felt/observed. cheers.
Agree on every point you have made.

They should have improved the interview process if they are genuinely dedicated to hiring good guys. You can't treat a veteran-like candidate as a fresh postgrad by asking some cliche campus interview questions. One interviewer even laughed scornfully for one behavioral question I answered - I was this close to stop and ask what made it so funny. Just think they were not acting quite professionally or genuinely.