Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, in my recent work review, my RO told me that he is grooming me for LH position. Given that I need a min. of GEO4 to go for interview, does this usually mean that my promotion to that rank will be accelerated. E.g., instead of 3-4 years, it will take 2-3 years?

From what I can tell, he is quite overworked and is looking for a deputy to assist. For context, I was just promoted to GEO3 this year. Anyone who was in a similar position? Thank you!
I find this a bit strange. Basically, joining KP Ship is entirely up to SLs. HODs can recommend but at the end of the day, it is SL's decision. Having said that.. you mentioned that you just got promoted to GEO3, it means, you will definitely take some time to go to GEO4 in this current climate.. let's say 3 years (including covering role).. I dont think anyone can promise you that LH position will be reserved for you.. what is heartening is that with your RO saying that he is grooming you, it shows that he has a good opinion of your performance. . Do continue to work hard.. if all things works out well.. then good for you. but do be mentally prepared . 2-3 years.. many things can change..