Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 02:42 AM

JustAnotherPrimaryTeacher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Short answer: no. Assuming your CEP was already at that of LH before he said he’s grooming you, the rate of promotion from 3 to 4 would be the same as before. However, if your CEP was only just raised in the last ranking cycle, then yes, the rate of promotion would have increased.

Your promotion from GEO3 to 4 is still very much dependent on your performance and CEP. I’ve heard of people who were promoted from 3 to 4 in consecutive years. But that’s because they obtained a B in the year they were promoted to 3, and we suspect they have high CEP.

If you’re doing the work of an LH this year while in GEO3, there’s a chance you’d be graded B this year. If that’s the case, coupled with higher CEP, then it’s possible you’d be promoted to 4 sooner.
Yup. This is correct. Also, should your RO be overworked, the school may get you to do some LH work as an internal appointment, however, the likelihood of another LH from another school coming in through open/close posting is higher as they would have already had the CEP, GEO grade and experience. Given that you just got promoted to GEO3 as well, the chances of you taking the position within the next few years is quite low. Usually someone would need to be in GEO4 for 1 year at least (fastest I have seen) to be appointed LH officially (not counting internal appointments).

From what I see, the fact that your RO told you this means that he/she feels you are suited for leadership track. So just continue to work your way and be yourself. Once the promotion comes, even if the position opportunity doesn't, there will still be many opportunities elsewhere.