Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, in my recent work review, my RO told me that he is grooming me for LH position. Given that I need a min. of GEO4 to go for interview, does this usually mean that my promotion to that rank will be accelerated. E.g., instead of 3-4 years, it will take 2-3 years?

From what I can tell, he is quite overworked and is looking for a deputy to assist. For context, I was just promoted to GEO3 this year. Anyone who was in a similar position? Thank you!
Short answer: no. Assuming your CEP was already at that of LH before he said he’s grooming you, the rate of promotion from 3 to 4 would be the same as before. However, if your CEP was only just raised in the last ranking cycle, then yes, the rate of promotion would have increased.

Your promotion from GEO3 to 4 is still very much dependent on your performance and CEP. I’ve heard of people who were promoted from 3 to 4 in consecutive years. But that’s because they obtained a B in the year they were promoted to 3, and we suspect they have high CEP.

If you’re doing the work of an LH this year while in GEO3, there’s a chance you’d be graded B this year. If that’s the case, coupled with higher CEP, then it’s possible you’d be promoted to 4 sooner.