Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Legal requirements of severance pay
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 02:48 PM

notfromhere is on a distinguished road
Default Legal requirements of severance pay

Hi,

I've been working for a difficult employer. He's dictated that I take a 75% pay cut for the company to survive. As far as I'm concerned it will mean that I can't survive, so why would I agree to such terms. I've tried to negotiate a compromise but he will have none of it. It's take it or leave. At 25% pay I am better off leaving now and taking whatever severance at 100% rate.

My question is if he provides formal notice of termination and it states that I have one month's notice by either party, is the notice period considered to be a calendar month from the date of notification or from the end of the current pay month in which the notice is given i.e. notice given on 2-Jul-2020 with an end date of 2-Aug-2020 or end date is 31-Aug-2020, which is the end date from this current pay month.

I'm also not a Singaporean citizen, I'm a remote working employee with a Singapore contract. Does this allow him to abscond from his responsibilities and could I pursue him if through Ministry of Manpower if he attempts to.

Thanks for all advice.