Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2020, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you do an LLM because you want to explore the world, have a bit of a delay before entering the workforce (yeah, I know, millennials, whatever), not happy about Covid job prospects right now, etc. all fine and good.

Just be clear: that is all the LLM will amount to. Don't ask us how to spin it to a recruiter/headhunter/employer, because we're going in circles now. So once again, for the people in the back: It's FKING USELESS FOR EMPLOYMENT.

Sticky this ****, pin it up, whatever - don't ask this question again. Nobody gives a good goddamn where you do your LLM. Harvard, Uptron, whatever, I see anything after LLB that isn't an admission to practice in a different jurisdiction, I don't care. I know you spent more time trying to get tickets to watch the Book of Mormon than on writing your thesis.

Tell me about it at a CPD event - not when I'm looking for minions. Now let's get this thread back on track.
To say it's useless is setting yourself up to be wrong. Let's just say the impact will be minimal except for very specific situations.