Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2020, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
(I'm sorry, somehow it looks my initial reply was lost but lemme try again now).

Ok, maybe 'can afford it' is a misnomer. My parents (neither are lawyers) are a bit cagey about money (and they aren't lawyers), but I get the impression that they would be able to pay for it with some sacrifices. I suspect that if I go, they won't have any savings left.. which leads me to my misgivings of taking their money.

On reapplying: I can! And I plan to do it! That's also why I'm presently leaning towards NUS. Cause, in that sense, I would only be taking up the offer for a year for 'pre law training' before going to oxbridge. But of course, getting into oxbridge in 2021 is not a guarantee, and if I choose to do so (take NUS instead of LSE in 2020), LSE will probably blacklist me as a no-show in sept. But then again, taking LSE as 'pre law training' would also mean I would blow aprox 25k of my parent's hard earned money on top of the oxbridge int fees (should i get it)... Or are you suggesting I take a gap year? Although after serving NS for 2yrs I'm not sure if I would let my brain atrophy further...

On the online semester: NUS is apparently gonna go online for sem1, but LSE says that tutorials will still be F2F... so I guess that's a point for LSE?

Anyways, thank you for taking the time!
If you got money, and would like a good shot of getting an international, LSE hands down. No money, NUS.