Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower95 View Post
Hello there!
I am a recent grad too (graduated late last year). Just a disclaimer first that I am not an experienced DXO but more of a current applicant.

My thoughts for your question is that, ultimately, what is the purpose or the end objective you are really looking for / aiming to achieve? Like for me, I am really looking into a more purposeful/meaningful career and I am more keen to contribute to public interests as compared to the interest of a single entity, I feel that by joining DXO, it's a good chance to learn new stuff and also contribute back to the nation. If I am just looking into future opportunities, then yes, I would focus more on private sector as I believed it do has more growth opportunities and lesser boundaries.

If you dont mind me asking, what's your motivation to apply for DXO positions?
Hello! Thank you for your advice! The reason I applied for DXO position is for the job security and of course to pick up new skills. However, I was told that the acquired skills as a DXO are not transferable which worries me as I don't see myself working as a DXO for my entire career life. Also, I was told there will be limitation when it comes to career progression and promotion since more focus will be placed on uniformed personnel and scholars.

Don't mind my questions, do you intend to serve in the public sector for long? Or you have thoughts of venturing out after working as a DXO?