Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2020, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
People seem to group in-house counsels under a single umbrella. In reality, there are many sub-categories within the in-house community and pay varies greatly [GREATLY] within these sub-categories. Generally, in-house counsels in the following roles will earn more than 6k at 3pqe:

(1) Banks - not compliance, but legal
(2) Regional in-house for F500/listed MNCs
(3) Fin-tech/Internet-related companies [think amazon, facebook, linked - all currently hiring btw!]
(4) IP counsels for pharma/luxury branks/brand enforcement teams

For the above roles... you should be thinking 7k-9k at 3pqe. I was at 7.5k (i thought it was low then, now i'm just glad i still have a job).

The kind of roles that pay 6k at 3pqe:

(1) Local companies.
(2) O&G/freight forwarding where the contracts are mainly standard form.
(3) Asian companies with a low pay-high bonus (depending on economy) kind of package. Think Japanese companies.
OP of the 3 PQE post here.

Definitely true - in my case, I belong to (3) - Asian companies... Kind of a double whammy for me now since economy scuttled promotion/pay raise + high bonus.

For me, the main consideration then in accepting this role was, as mentioned due to the growth opportunities since I came from a non-FI/corporate background. I was willing to accept lower base across board because of this. Now that I have had the validation from management in the value of my work (as well as built self-confidence in the QC of my work), just wanted to find out a reasonable figure to push for, when the opportunity arises.

Grateful for the responses.