Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2020, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No wonder people keep saying ST is a retirement village. It's because of this kind of thought.
In thr business world. If you don't work. Don't bring value to the company. Why keep you?

In this current age fresh grad competiting for job. Inflation. Fresh grad starting pay already 4.5k... Some even asking for 5k+ and you are content with 6k+ doing nothing.

No wonder my friend who work in ST keep saying everything is ding dong push here push there. Nobody want to do. All want to siam work. Cause all just want to twite with 6k do nothing..

No skills.

Disappointing. No wonder. New fresh grad. I hear this story. I also tell my friends etc don't JOIN ST until you are ready to retire
no, i am referring to the E6 who work hard but DO NOT wish to do management work. These people are usually the technical people and they enjoy exploring new technology, guiding new people who just joined ST. they work hard but reject promotion from E6 to M1 because they DISLIKE doing management work. They are certainly not jiak liao bee and they do not siam the work or push it to others..

I am just saying they have a stable job and stable pay. i never said they are doing nothing and getting 6k+, please read properly..

They bring alot of value to the company with their rich experiences in many past projects and with them working from the bottom with a diploma makes them a great mentor for the fresh grad new joiners..

but yes they do intend to retire here, it is indeed a stable job doing def related work. The people that i am referring to work hard. What's wrong with staying here for a stable job but with no intend to do management work with their many years of experience? they owe you a living? Or are you the type of person that work so hard to try to get A grading but every year just get a C grading then stuck at E6 for 10 years then want to criticize the entire organisation?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app