Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2020, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey no need to be edgy. Like I said, most information about MFA in this thread are only mentioned in passing or are limited to fresh grad offers. Even then, I think it would be nice to see if that has been impacted by Covid. Don't think anyone has gone into detail on their bonus structure and allowance structure which I assume would make up a very significant portion of their package. Nor has anyone gone into detail of what the progression would be like which would be very valuable seeing as most fso dont even survive to their 2nd/3rd year.

Alot has changed since Covid and more sharing wouldn't hurt. Asking for an update and more clarity shouldn't warrant such a response. Isn't that the point of this thread?
Bottom line, you get the best salaries and the highest prestige in the whole CS, but you get the most elitist, most unreasonable and nasty people. You also get some of the worst work-life balance (if any).

They only hire about 20 a year and they’re usually of a certain calibre and look. Of course given the intensity of the environment, people have quit in a matter of weeks. It really takes a certain kind of person to join and remain.

16 hour days, 6 days a week are a norm. Prepare to work on weekends, late nights and miss family events. Prepare to be scolded for minor things you have never bothered with your entire life.